Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs
This statement sets out the ways in which Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs complies with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs organises exhibitions for which it sells tickets through an agency. In addition, Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs publishes and circulates by email a newsletter. Any individual may sign up to receive the newsletter.
Identity of the Data Controller
The data controller is Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs which can be contacted at Park Business Centre, Wood Lane, Erdington, Birmingham, B24 9QR. The email address for questions relating to data protection is email@example.com
Purpose of, and legal basis for storing and processing information
Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs stores and processes individuals’ personal information on the basis of Legitimate Interest.
The information is processed in order to:
• enable Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs to ensure that anybody going into the exhibition has paid the appropriate price.
• circulate the Miniatura newsletter to all those individuals who have opted to receive it.
Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs stores and processes personal information on the basis of legitimate interest. Ticket sales are handled by an outside agency and the Miniatura organising team have ensured that this agency complies with the GDPR in every respect.
Categories of personal data being stored and processed
The only personal data being stored and processed by Miniatura are, in the case of ticket sales:
• title such as Ms, Mr
• first and last names
• email address
• postal address
• telephone numbers
• date of birth
In the case of people signing up to receive the newsletter:
• email address
Recipients of personal data
Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs does not share personal information with any outside organisation other than the ticket selling agency.
Access to personal data stored in relation to ticket sales and newsletter circulation is restricted to individuals within the organisation who need to be able to either check that an individual has the correct ticket for entry to the show or to be able to send out the emailed newsletter.
Information relating to ticket holders is deleted a maximum of 14 days after the show closes. Information relating to people who have asked to receive the emailed newsletter will be retained until either they ask to be removed from the circulation list or Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs ceases to produce a newsletter.
Visitors and recipients of the newsletter have a number of rights under GDPR. They may:
• ask to see all information about them held by Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs. On receipt of such a request, and having verified the identity of the person making the request, Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs will provide that individual with the requested information without charge
• ask Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs to correct any errors in their own record of which they become aware. On receipt of such a request, and having verified the identity of the person making the request, Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs will correct the information at the earliest opportunity
• ask Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs to delete information that it holds relating to them. On receipt of such a request, and having verified the identity of the person making the request, Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs will delete the relevant information although it reserves the right to retain information required for specific purposes such as financial record-keeping
• ask Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs to restrict its processing of their information. In the case of the Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs this is most likely to be a request to stop sending the newsletter. On receipt of such a request, and having verified the identity of the person making the request, Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs will apply the requested restriction
• complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if an individual feels that Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs is failing to comply with the GDPR. It would be helpful if any such complaint is addressed to the Miniatura organisers themselves in the first instance but individuals have the right to complain directly to the ICO. At the time of writing this notice, information on how to complain could be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
For further information about this statement or any other aspect of the ways in which Miniatura Exhibitions and Fairs complies with GDPR, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
18 May 2018